When will Ukraine join NATO? – level 3
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg announced that Ukraine will be invited to join the military alliance once certain conditions are met and all members agree.
This statement aligns with the language used in a communique issued by NATO leaders at a summit in Vilnius, Lithuania. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy expressed the expectation that NATO leaders would provide a timeframe for membership, considering it’d be absurd not to.
Stoltenberg responded to Zelenskiy’s criticism by emphasizing the strong message of support and the path toward membership that NATO is conveying. He mentioned that previous accessions to the alliance didn’t have specific timelines but were based on conditions.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What conditions need to be met for Ukraine to be invited to join NATO?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.