When women run the economy – level 1
More women have the most important jobs in the world´s biggest financial institutions. Financial institutions are banks or companies which deal with money.
Almost 48 of officials in the US president´s government are women. This seems to be an important change.
Women care more than about numbers. They care more about people. They do not want to put more money into roads or buildings. They want to give more money to workers.
The situation is similar in Europe. Many women become leaders of the most important financial institutions.
This change is a big hope for working women. It also helps women without a job, too.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.