White Tiger babies in Hungary – level 1
This news is about White Tigers. They are born at a zoo. This zoo is in Hungary. Now, the tigers are two months old.
Their mother does not take care of them. People must take care of them. People bottle-feed them. They also give the babies small pieces of meat.
Bengal White Tigers are very rare. There are only 2,500 of them in the wild.
Difficult words: take care (to help), bottle-feed (to give food through a bottle), rare (there are not many of them), in the wild (not in zoos).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos