White tiger kills a man – level 2
A student jumped into a white tiger’s enclosure at a zoo in India. The animal cornered him and watched him for around 15 minutes. It hit him with its paw a few times.
People shouted at the tiger, as they wanted to make it go away. It, however, did not help. The animal pulled the man by the neck and moved him to the other side of the enclosure.
The father of the 19 year-old said that this is the zoo’s fault because it could not stop his son from jumping in there. The zoo said that the student jumped inside the enclosure after people warned him.
Difficult words: enclosure (closed area for an animal to protect it and keep it one area), corner (to prevent someone from being able to get away), paw (animal’s foot).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this incident?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.