Who owns AI art? – level 1
People, who create art, get a copyright from a copyright office. Copyright means that an artist can officially print, publish or sell his or her art.
These days, some artists use AI programs to create art. Experts cannot decide who owns the copyright in such situation. One US artist makes a comic book. AI program helps her. This woman gets a copyright from the US Copyright Office. But five months later, the office says that the author of the book is not a human. So the artist cannot have the copyright.
Legal experts do not know who owns AI-generated art. If it is the author, the user, or the owner of the program. Some people also argue that AI programs use materials from the internet, and these materials have a copyright.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are the implications of the US Copyright Office's decision for other AI-generated art?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.