WHO Team Cannot Get to China – level 1
A team of 10 experts is going to China. They want to know more about COVID-19. People first learn about COVID-19 in December 2019.
People believe that the virus comes from Wuhan. Wuhan is a big city. A wet market is there. People can buy fresh meat and fish at a wet market. The COVID-19 virus comes from animals. The experts need to know how it gets from animals to people.
The World Health Organization and China have long meetings. China is not happy that the experts want to come. But China agrees. Another problem comes now. The experts cannot get to China. They have problems with their visas. China says that it is not a big problem.
Difficult words: expert (a person who knows a lot of information about something and he understands it well), the World Health Organization (an organization that cares about people in poor countries and helps them), visa (a document that makes it possible to get in or leave a country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.