WHO Team Cannot Get to China – level 2
The World Health Organization made a team of 10 international experts who will go to China. They will investigate the origin of COVID-19 and how the virus got from animals to people.
The virus started in December 2019 and experts believe that it came from a wet market in the city of Wuhan. The WHO and China discussed for many months the WHO´s plan to send its team to China, and in December 2020, China finally agreed.
Then, the country did not allow the team to come. China officials said that there was a problem with their visas. Some people say that China is not trying hard enough to find out the truth about COVID-19.
Difficult words: origin (the moment or place where something begins), wet market (a market in Asia which sells fresh meat and fish), visa (an official document that allows a person to get in or leave a country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.