WHO Team Cannot Get to China – level 3
A World Health Organization (WHO) team investigating COVID-19 has been denied entry to China. However, China agreed to the investigation in December 2020 after months of intense negotiations.
The WHO members were due to investigate the origins of COVID-19 in the city of Wuhan. The virus was first detected in late 2019, with the outbreak linked to a wet market in the city. A team of 10 international experts is aiming to probe the animal origin of the pandemic and how exactly the virus first crossed over to humans.
According to WHO, the barrier to gaining entry into the country was a lack of visa clearances. WHO chief said that he was very disappointed with the news, given that several members of the team had already begun their journeys to China. According to China, this was only a misunderstanding and there was no need to give it importance.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.