Why Andrew Tate is dangerous – level 3
Andrew Tate appeared on the 2016 season of UK Big Brother; recently, the show’s managers evicted him after a social media video appeared of him beating a woman outside the show.
Since then, Tate claimed the video was a joke, but Instagram and Facebook recently banned him. Facebook said he could radicalize men and boys to harm women. Twitter banned him because he said women should bear responsibility for sexual assault.
Before Instagram removed his account, Tate had 4.7 million followers on the platform. He offered his mostly male fans tips to make money and attract women.
In an interview with a YouTuber, Tate described himself as a misogynist. However, he said he only played a character in his videos, and he was innocent. He is still on YouTube with over 750,000 subscribers.
Difficult words: evict (to force someone to leave a place), radicalize (to make someone be extreme in his political or religious beliefs), misogynist (a person who hates women and thinks men are much better than them).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos