Wild Animals in Town – level 1
In Wales, people must stay at home. This is because of coronavirus. The streets are empty.
Around 100 wild goats come to a town center. Wild goats are afraid of people. They do not usually come to towns. They come closer to people only when the weather is bad.
Now, there are no people and cars in the streets. The goats come. They eat garden hedges and flowers.
Local people are not happy. They call the police. The police try to get the goats together. The police do it. The goats go away.
However, the next morning, the goats come back. They lay on lawns. They enjoy the sunny weather. People see that the goats are not dangerous. They let the goats stay.
Difficult words: hedge (thick low trees), local (the people or things that come from a specific place), lawn (grass near a house or in a park).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos