Wild Bears Come to Towns – level 2
Wild bears in Japan started to come closer to towns and villages. Between April and September, there were more than 13,500 wild bear sightings, which was the highest number in the last five years.
Scientists said that there were more reasons why bears came closer to people. This year was hard for bears because there was not enough food for them. Also, older people did not have enough energy to pick fruit in their gardens, and this fruit was very attractive for bears. The coronavirus could be one more reason because people did not spend so much time outside, and it was a good chance for the bears to walk in empty streets and gardens and look for some food.
Some companies try to find a way to keep the bears away. One company made a special machine that looked like a wolf. It roared loudly and moved its head like a real wolf.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.