Wildfires in Israel – level 3
For the past four days, many wildfires have been burning around Israel, and firefighters believe that some of them started deliberately. Police arrested twelve people on suspicion of arson.
The fires forced the evacuation of about 80,000 people from the city of Haifa.
Difficult words: deliberately (on purpose; if you do something deliberately, you want to do it), arson (deliberately setting something on fire).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos