Will Smith hits Chris Rock – level 2
Actor Will Smith smacked Oscar host Chris Rock at the Oscars 2022.
Rock made a joke about Smith’s wife Jada Pinkett Smith. Rock said that he was looking forward to ‘G. I. Jane 2’. G. I. Jane was a movie from 1997 with Demi Moore, who had a very short haircut. The joke meant that Smith looked similar to G. I. Jane. Will Smith stood up, walked onstage, smacked Rock, walked to his seat, and shouted angrily at Rock.
In 2018, Jada Pinket Smith said that she had alopecia. Alopecia is a disease when a person loses hair. The patient often has spots with no hair on the scalp, but sometimes it can affect the whole body. Scientists don’t know what causes this disease, but they think that stress and illness can cause it.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.