Window washer falls down – level 1
This happens in San Francisco. A man is outside a building. He washes its widows. It is a high building. The man is 11 storeys above the ground.
Something happens and the man falls down. He lands on a car. There is one person in the car. The person in the car is shocked, but not injured.
The window washer is seriously injured. He is moved to hospital.
Difficult words: storey (floor), land (fall), injured (somebody injured has problems with his or her body because of an accident or something bad that happened).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this accident?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos