Woman drives into a river – level 1
A woman in China drives a car. She loses control of it. She suddenly swerves left. She drives her car into a river. A security camera films the moment.
Some people see the accident. They want to help her. One person has a jumper. They use it as a rope. The woman holds the jumper and people pull her out. The car goes under water.
The woman is fine. Later, people move her car from the river.
Difficult words: suddenly (when something happens quickly and surprises you), swerve (to change direction quickly), rope (a line).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are men better drivers than women?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.