Woman flies from England to Australia – level 1
In 1930, a women flew from England to Australia. Now, another woman does this again.
She flies 21,000 kilometres. She flies through 23 countries. The flight takes her twenty days. She flies in an old Boeing. This Boeing is from 1942. The plane has an open cockpit. The pilot is not protected from the weather.
Difficult words: flew (past of “fly”), flight (the action of flying), cockpit (the pilot’s area).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
She’s cool, isn’t she?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.