Woman helps dogs – level 1
This news is about dogs. Cars hit the dogs. Some dogs are then paralysed.
These dogs need help. A woman from Peru helps them. She has a dog shelter. She helps fifty dogs. Six of the dogs are in wheelchairs.
The dog shelter makes no money, but it needs money. It must buy food, toys and wheelchairs for the dogs. People give money to the dog shelter.
Difficult words: paralysed (when you cannot move a part of your body), dog shelter (a safe place for dogs who need help), wheelchair (a chair which can move – paralysed people use this; the dogs have something like this, too).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about these dogs?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos