Woman Hits a Police Car – level 1
This news is about a young woman. She is 23 years old. She is driving. She is going too fast. The police stop her.
She has another problem. She has no driving license or insurance.
The woman does another bad thing. She drives into a police car. She injures three people. Two of them are policemen. One of them is the girl’s mother. The girl’s mother is in the car with her.
The young woman is in trouble now. She can go to prison for up to 43 years.
Difficult words: driving license (a card or a piece of paper which says that you can drive a car), insurance (when you pay money to a company so if you have an accident, the company pays for it instead of you), injure (to do something bad to somebody’s body).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos