Woman in a wheelchair steals – level 1
This happens at a petrol station in England. A small shop is in part of the petrol station.
A woman is in there. She sits in a wheelchair. Her partner pushes the wheelchair. They come to a shelf when something shocking happens. The woman stands up! A security camera films this.
The woman looks around. She puts some goods under her coat. Her partner puts some goods into her bag, too. They do not pay for these things. They steal them.
Difficult words: wheelchair (a special chair which can move; a chair for a person who cannot walk), shelf (place for goods in a shop), goods (things in a shop which you can buy).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What is your opinion on this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.