Woman in a wheelchair steals – level 3
This is the moment a woman in a wheelchair is seen to ease herself out of the chair and stand upright in a suspected shoplifting in Coventry.
Police are appealing for help in tracking down the couple seen in the CCTV footage on January 11th.
The women can be seen being pushed around the Marks & Spencer food section of a petrol station in a wheelchair by a male accomplice.
But when she apparently thinks nobody is looking, she stands up and has a careful look at what’s on offer.
The woman can then be seen putting the items under her coat while her companion loads other goods into her rucksack.
The pair managed to get away with meat products worth about 60 pounds. Police have asked anyone who recognises them to get in touch.
Difficult words: ease (to move carefully), suspected (possible), shoplifting (stealing from a shop), appeal (to request), track down (to find), CCTV footage (security camera video), accomplice (a person who helps a criminal to do something wrong), apparently (according to how something appears), on offer (for sale), companion (partner), goods (products), rucksack (backpack), get in touch (to contact somebody).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.