Woman Meets Her Rescuer – level 2
Twenty-two years ago, a sad and a happy event happened. A woman gave birth to a baby girl and left the baby in a phone box. People think that the woman was scared.
A man found the baby when he came to use the phone. He called the police and waited.
Later, he tried to adopt the baby but he could not, so he tried to stay in contact with her, but authorities told him to stop.
The baby grew into a woman. She found out about her rescuer and wanted to meet him. They were very happy to see each other again.
Difficult words: authority (a person in charge of something), rescuer (a person who helps someone or something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos