Woman Runs from Police – level 1
In Texas, police try to arrest a woman. She wants to drive away from the police. The police chase her. Someone films when she crashes into a car.
The woman has her baby in the car with her. After the crash, she takes it out. She runs across roads. She tries to steal another car. The police catch her. They arrest her. They send her baby away.
Difficult words: chase (drive after to try to catch), steal (take).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos