Woman Saves Dogs – level 1
This news is about a woman. She lives in China. She is old. She does not work anymore. She helps dogs.
In China, people eat dogs. This is normal to them. They say that this is a tradition. The woman does not like this. She saves dogs. She has many dogs at her home.
Her dogs eat 200 kilograms of food every day. Because of this, she has no money. She owes 800,000 yuan.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Is it OK or not OK to eat dogs? What do you think?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.