Woolly rhino is found – level 1
People find a body of an animal. They find it in Siberia. It is 10,000 years old. It is the body of a woolly rhino. People name it Sasha.
The body is in good condition. It has wool, a face, one eye, an ear and teeth. Scientists want to study the body. They want to get its DNA.
The body was in permafrost. Permafrost is a type of ground. This type of ground is always frozen. This is why the body was still fresh.
Difficult words: woolly (when something has wool; sheep have wool, for example), DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid that carries genetic information), frozen (very cold; when the temperature is below 0°C).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.