World Breastfeeding Week – level 1
Over 300 women participate in an event. The event happens in Manilla, Philippines. Women at the event breastfeed for one minute. The event is part of World Breastfeeding Week.
The event helps women. They can learn. Some women do not breastfeed in public. They do not feel fine. This event tells them that this is OK.
Difficult words: participate (to do something), breastfeed (to give a baby milk from one part of the body – the breast), in public (not alone; with other people).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about breastfeeding in public?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.