World Cup Dolls – level 3
Russia is preparing for the 2018 World Cup, and people are even making batches of World-Cup-themed Matryoshka, which is one of the country’s most recognisable souvenirs.
The Matryoshka, or the Russian doll, is one in a set of brightly painted hollow wooden dolls of varying sizes, which people design to fit inside of each other.
Local residents believe that the doll is the best souvenir to bring from the host city and its makers have been carefully painting them with the World Cup symbols.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.