World Scrabble Championship – level 2
Scrabble enthusiasts from 30 countries competed at the World Scrabble Championship in Lille, France. People said that the final between two Brits was nail-biting.
There were many high-scoring words, but two of them really stood out. “Braconid” scored the player 176 points, and this word means a small parasitic wasp.
The winner said that it was absolutely amazing to be the World Scrabble Champion of 2016. He also won 7,000 euros. He celebrated by going out, buying a bottle of champagne, and deciding not to play Scrabble again for the rest of the year.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.