World´s Best Pastry Chef – level 1
Pierre Marcolini comes from Belgium. He is a chocalatier. It means that he makes and sells chocolate candy.
Marcolini opens his own chocolate shop in 1995. 25 years later, Marcolini wins a special title. He is the best pastry chef in the world. It confirms that Belgium makes the best chocolate. Marcolini changes the world of chocolate. He makes it modern and attractive.
Marcolini wants to use only the best cocoa beans. Cocoa beans are a fruit that we use to make chocolate. He speaks to people who grow cocoa.
He prepares the cocoa beans himself. Only a few chocolatiers in the world do it. Marcolini sells chocolate gift boxes. They cost more than €100 or $129.
Difficult words: title (a name for someone as a honor), pastry (cakes and tarts), confirm (to say that something is true), the world of (the business or the people that do something), attractive (pretty or pleasing).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.