World’s Best Pastry Chef – level 3
Belgian chocalatier, Pierre Marcolini, has been crowned the world’s best pastry chef by a jury of independent reporters, enhancing Belgium’s reputation as a producer of top-class chocolate.
Marcolini said that The Marcolini company had received recognition after 25 years of existence and that the title of world champion had been bestowed upon the whole company and all people who followed him. Marcolini’s aim was to transform and modernize the world of pastry and the world of chocolate.
Marcolini travels the world to find the finest cocoa beans directly from growers, and he personally controls every stage of the production process. He is one of the few chocalatiers to roast cocoa beans himself. Today, he sells his chocolates as luxury gifts with boxes selling for over €100 or over $129.
Difficult words: chocalatier (a person or company who makes or sells chocolate candy), reputation (the beliefs or opinions that are generally held about someone or something), bestow (to present an honor or gift to someone).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.