World’s Biggest Reactor – level 2
Scientists began to build the world’s largest nuclear reactor. In the reactor, atoms crash with each other, which makes a lot of energy.
The reactor weighs 23,000 tons, and it is located in southern France. It is the result of hard work of scientists from Japan, India, the EU, the US, Russia, China, and South Korea. Scientists will simulate reactions that happen on the sun, and they hope that in the future, the reactor will make cheap, clean and safe electricity.
However, the project is just starting, and it will take ten years to test the reactor. In 2035, scientist will see if it works exactly how they planned.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.