World’s first backside 2160 – level 3
At The Nines in Crans-Montana, Switzerland, Japanese freestyle snowboarder Hiroto Ogiwara landed the world’s first backside 2160. He did six full rotations on his snowboard.
The Nines is a biannual freestyle skiing and snowboarding event that alternates between winter and summer events. Some of the world’s top athletes participate in six days of unique action on specially built jumps that produce a spectacular show full of tricks and moves that defy gravity.
16-year-old Ogiwara initially planned to try and land a backside 1800 that he was unable to do the previous day. When he accomplished that quicker than he expected, he decided toward progression. Five attempts later, Ogiwara landed snowboarding’s first-ever backside 2160.
Japanese snowboarder Reira Iwabuchi also completed a world first as the first female frontside triple 1260, which is three and a half rotations.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.