World’s longest non-stop flight – level 3
Qantas Airways is launching the world’s longest non-stop commercial flight from Sydney, Australia, to London, England, and it’s ordered a dozen special Airbus jets for the flight.
The airline will charge higher fares to save four hours on the popular route that takes 24 hours. The route’s nickname has been the ‘kangaroo route’, since all its flights have to stop for fuel. The flights will use A350-1000 aircraft configured with extra premium seating and reduced overall capacity.
In 2020, the company was 11 weeks to bankruptcy, and it transformed to survive. The long-discussed breakthrough will boost Qantas’s marketing. The company’s CEO announced the multi-billion-dollar deal on Monday, and he said that the flights will start in late 2025. Qantas made the biggest aircraft order in its history, and the company’s stocks surged to the highest in months.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.