World’s longest suspension bridge – level 3
In the Czech Republic, the world’s longest pedestrian suspension bridge opened at a mountain resort. The 721-meter-long bridge is at an altitude of more than 1,100 meters above sea level, and it connects two ridges of the mountains.
Sky Bridge 721 is located in the northeast of the country in the Kralicky Sneznik mountain range near the border with Poland. It hangs up to 95 meters above the valley below. The bridge offers unusual views for visitors who have a head for heights. Up to 500 people can be on the bridge; however, if winds reach 135 kph, it’ll close for safety reasons.
Critics say that the structure is too big for the area, and it’ll bring too many tourists to the town which has a population of less than 500 people. Authorities believe that the bridge will attract tourists from all around the globe.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.