World´s Richest Men – level 2
Elon Musk is the co-founder of the company Tesla and in January 2020, his net worth was $7.2 billion. But in November, his net worth was almost $128 billion.
In January, he was the 35th richest man in the world, and now he has become the second richest man.
For many years, Bill Gates was the richest man in the world. Bill Gates is the co-founder of the company Microsoft, and he gave more than $27 billion to charity over the years. His net worth is $127.7 billion, and for the first time in the last year, two people have more money than him.
In 2017, Jeff Bezos became the richest man in the world. He is the founder of Amazon and his net worth in $182 billion.
Difficult words: co-founder (a person who starts a company with somebody else), net worth (how much money and things a person has), charity (an organization that gives money to people or animals that are in a very bad situation).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.