World’s Tallest Bridge – level 2
This news is about a new bridge in China. It connects two Chinese provinces and it is the tallest suspension bridge in the world. It is 565 metres above the ground.
People are set to open the bridge to traffic before the end of the year. The bridge will cut driving times between the two provinces from 4 hours to just one.
The bridge will add to the collection of high bridges in the area. There are more structures like this in the Chinese province than in the whole world.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.