World’s toughest mountain bike race – level 2
Last week, the world’s hardest mountain bike race called the HERO took place in the Dolomites Mountains, Italy.
The race happened in Selva Val Gardena, the valley in the middle of a beautiful landscape and surrounded by famous rock towers. It is a popular place to ski, bike, and hike. Participants could choose from two routes of 86 and 60 kilometers long. A limited number of professional bikers and amateurs raced.
Leonardo Paez from Colombia won his seventh award at this race. He finished the 86-kilometer route in 4 hours and 33 minutes.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.