X allows political ads – level 3
X, previously Twitter, announced its decision to permit political advertising in the US from candidates and parties, along with an expansion of its safety and elections team before the 2024 presidential election.
The company now owned by Elon Musk has banned global political ads since 2019 but allowed cause-based ads in the US since January. This change could boost X’s revenue as advertisers have been cautious due to content concerns. X plans to counter content manipulation and create an advertising transparency center to display promoted political ads. The company remains committed to barring ads spreading false information or undermining election confidence. Criticized like other platforms, X faces scrutiny for its readiness post-Musk’s acquisition, especially after staff layoffs including trust and safety team members.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What specific steps is X taking to promote transparency and ensure accuracy of political ads?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.