Yacht sinks near Italy – level 2
A big yacht sank near Italy last weekend. The yacht was on its way to Sicily, and when it was crossing the water, it got into trouble. Water came into the back of the yacht, and the captain called for help.
The Italian coast guard arrived to save the yacht, but it sank. The coast guard saved the four passengers and five members of the crew, and they took them to port. Authorities started to investigate why the yacht sank.
Some media said that the yacht cost around 50 million dollars, and it belonged to a Russian oligarch. This man is one of the owners of a large coal company in Russia.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.