Yemen Gets Help – level 2
Weeks of air, land and sea blockades have affected Yemen, which is in a civil war. Now people are at risk of losing access to clean water as the country runs out of fuel. The United Nations was helping with the fuel supply, but it cannot help much because of the war.
People say that almost 16 million people do not have clean water; they also say that unclean water will make the cholera outbreak even worse.
Recently, humanitarian aid shipments came to help Yemen. People hope that this will help stop the spread of disease.
Difficult words: blockade (when a military stops a country from getting supplies), cholera outbreak (when many people have cholera, a sickness from infected water), humanitarian aid (when people send supplies to help other people).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.