Yemen Houthis seize a ship – level 3
Footage showing armed men dropping from a helicopter and seizing a cargo ship in the Red Sea has been released by Houthis in Yemen.
They declared that all vessels connected to Israel would be considered legitimate targets. The group, allied with Tehran, aims to continue military operations against Israel until aggression against Gaza stops. Israel countered, stating the ship was British-owned and Japanese-operated, denouncing the incident as an Iranian act of terrorism.
The Houthi rebels recently threatened Israeli vessels over the conflict with Hamas. Japan confirmed the capture of the Nippon Yusen-operated Galaxy Leader and sought assistance for its release from Saudi, Omani, and Iranian authorities. The vessel’s group owner, Ray Car Carriers, is linked to an Israeli businessperson, leading to accusations of Iranian terrorism.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What implications could this incident have for the relationship between Iran and other countries in the region?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.