Young Girl Can Hear – level 1
A girl is born without a part of her ear. It makes her partially deaf. Now she is five years old. She gets an implant for her ear. She is the youngest person to get this.
Her doctor talks about the implant. It is small. It is behind the ear. It is under the skin.
It vibrates the inside of the ear. It helps the ear to take in sound. Then the girl can hear.
If you cannot hear, you cannot learn language. You also cannot hear yourself. With the implant, the girl can speak much better. People understand her now.
The girl says that she can hear so many things now. She cannot even say how many things. There are so many!
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.