Young people buy clothes online – level 1
Depop is a shopping app. It is very popular among young people. They buy and sell clothes on Depop. Young people care about the planet. They buy used clothes and accessories. Used things are not new. Somebody wears them before.
Moira Campos is 20 years old. She sells clothes on Depop. It is her job.
Moira is an influencer. 40,000 people follow her. Moira´s brother helps her with her business.
Some people say that Depop can make problems for big clothing companies. Another problem is that people can make a lot of money on Depop. They buy very cheap clothes. Then they sell them for a lot more.
Difficult words: popular (something that many people like), accessory (things like jewelry, hats, gloves, or handbags), influencer (a person who influences other people; influence is when other people do or use the same things as the influencer), cheap (not very much money or not very well made).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.