Young Shark in Sydney – level 2
A young Great White Shark washed up on a beach in Sydney, Australia, on Tuesday. People rescued it and placed it in a public seawater swimming pool.
The pool is closed for swimming while the shark is there, but many people came to see the animal. They will study it for about a week and then move it from the pool.
People are trying to find out why the shark beached itself. A staff member from a sea life sanctuary said that the shark could be injured or have an infection.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.