Young Shark in Sydney – level 3
A juvenile Great White Shark is recovering in a public seawater swimming pool after washing up on a beach in Sydney, Australia, on Tuesday.
The pool remains closed for swimming, but people have come to see the endangered species. A staff member from Manly Sea Life Sanctuary said that it was hard to say why such a strong animal beached itself at the moment but added that there is usually some underlying issue, such as infection or injury.
As other open ocean creatures, the Great White Shark struggles to navigate enclosed spaces. It will be, however, moved from the pool next Tuesday.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.