YouTube Star – level 3
Ryan Kaji is one of the most popular YouTube creators in the world with a main channel that’s drawn 29 million subscribers.
Kaji first appeared on YouTube at the age of three in informal home videos where he unboxed and reviewed toys. Thanks to his onscreen charisma and the inexplicable logic of YouTube, Kaji’s videos amassed billions of views. Toy unboxing clips, which got their start partly with Kaji, became their own type of video on the site.
According to estimates from Forbes, for three years running, Kaji has made more money than any other YouTuber. Subscribers can follow eight separate channels consisting of opening new toys, exercise, or crafting projects. For Kaji and his family, subscribers generate millions of dollars in annual ad revenue which is the traditional form of income for YouTube celebrities. Besides this, product merchandising and sponsorship generated more than 250 million dollars in sales in 2020.
Difficult words: charisma (the ability to attract the attention and admiration of others), amass (to bring in a lot of something), revenue (the income generated by the sale of goods and services), merchandising (the promotion of goods or services that are available for retail sale).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.