Zuckerberg at Congress – level 1
There are some problems with Facebook. One problem is privacy. There are breaches in privacy.
Mark Zuckerberg is the CEO of Facebook. He comes to Congress. Senators ask him about Facebook. He answers. They talk for two days.
Zuckerberg also says ‘sorry’ for the problems with privacy.
Difficult words: privacy (when you can keep some information private – secret, nobody knows about them), breach (a problem, something against the law), CEO (Chief Executive Officer – the most powerful boss at a company), Congress (part of the American government).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.