102-year-old man beats COVID-19 – level 2
Nikolai Bagayev is a Russian veteran who fought with the Russian soldiers in World War II.
At the age of 102, he fought with the coronavirus, and he won. Bagayev spent more than a month in hospital and 80% of his lungs were damaged by the virus. Last week, he could finally leave hospital, and he thanked the doctors for their care. He said that he was born again.
Bagayev worked in the Soviet republic of Kazakhstan where he helped build the Baikonur Cosmodrome. Baikonur was the first and largest place for spaceships in the world, and it sent the first man into space in 1961. Bagayev said that he learned a special way to breathe from Soviet cosmonauts, and that this way helped him recover from COVID-19.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.