2022 health news – level 2
In 2022, many health developments happened which could improve people’s lives; here are some of these developments.
An application called HoloScenarios uses holograms to train medical students. Holograms act as patients, and students check their symptoms, and decide their treatments. They do this outside a hospital without real patients.
Doctors in South Africa use a special robot to perform some of the most difficult medical operations. The robot has four arms, which a person controls by computer.
People with ADHD can struggle to keep their eyes on the road while driving. A driving simulator teaches young people with ADHD to drive safely. Special glasses monitor when the head and eyes move, and they warn the driver if he looks away for more than two seconds.
Difficult words: hologram (an image from a laser that makes the object or person look real), treatment (medical care for a patient), driving simulator (a device which looks like a car, and people can use it to learn to drive better).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.