9/11 Trail – level 2
On September 11, 2001, the biggest terrorist attack in the US happened. Terrorists hijacked four planes, and they crashed into the World Trade Center in New York and into the Pentagon, a government building, in Washington D.C. The fourth plane crashed in a field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania
Only days after the attacks, David Brickley got an idea to make a system of trails that would connect the places of the attacks. The system is about 1,300 miles long, and it connects the three 9/11 memorial sites. Brickley said that the Americans love trails and greenways, and that the 9/11 trail would give them a chance to remember the attack.
It was not easy to connect the existing trails to the new system. Currently, about a half of the trail is away from roads, and Brickley and his team hope that in the future, it will be completely away from roads.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.