A bear gets stuck – level 1
A young bear climbs up a power pole in Arizona, US. A power pole is a tall pole which holds cables. The cables hold electricity. The bear gets stuck. It cannot get down.
People call utility company workers. They turn off the electricity. They use a stick. It is a special stick made of glass and plastic. The bear bites the stick.
The animal climbs down after a moment. It is not hurt. It runs away.
Similar incidents happen earlier this month in Arizona, too.
Difficult words: stuck (unable to move or leave a place), utility company (a company which gives electricity, gas, or water to people), incident (something that happens).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos